Auditions - CYRANO de Burger Shack
Springboro Community Theatre is pleased to announce auditions for our next youth theatre production, CYRANO DE BURGER SHACK, directed by Jim Brown, with Music/Vocal Direction by Judy Mansky and Choreography by Kara Castle.
Auditions: April 24-25, 2023 at 6:30 pm
Potential Callbacks: April 26, 2023 at 6:30 pm
Performances: June 16-18 & 23-25, 2023
Roles are open to youth performers between the ages of 12 and 18.
What to expect at auditions:
- Please prepare approximately one minute from a pop/rock song (that is not in the show) that shows your character and range.
- Please be prepared to learn a short choreography piece.
- Cold readings will be done from the script.
- Questions can be sent to email@example.com
About the show:
Cyrano is the king of the local Burger Shack, but he can’t seem to win the love of his best friend, Roxanne. When Roxanne confesses her crush on the new burger-flipper, Christian, Cyrano decides that playing Cupid is better than sitting out of the game. An updated, modern-day version of Edmond Rostand’s Cyrano de Bergerac, this rollicking musical features hit contemporary pop songs that will have audiences cheering.
- Cyrano: Quick-witted, intense, and outwardly confident, Cyrano sports a famously enormous (prosthetic) nose. He uses his verbal skill to hide insecurities about how he looks.
- Roxanne: Brilliant, beautiful, and a champion fencer, Roxanne leads with her wit. That said, she is a romantic and believes in storybook love. Her friendship with Cyrano is strong and true, though she is oblivious to his affection for her.
- Christian: Handsome with a bright smile and an easygoing charm. Not the brightest star in the sky, but he has serious style and flair and amazing moves.
- DJ: The cashier. A snarky, wry emo gal with a palpable lack of customer service skills.
- Pickles: Fry-guy. Free spirit and schemer. Wears a hat.
- Wanda: Shake-master. Weird, wild, and wonderful. As treasurer of the Drama Club, Wanda is prone to dramatics.
- Dani, Chloe, & Zoe: Three girls on Roxanne’s fencing team. Rather tough ladies. Always together.
- Hot Todd: Roxanne’s haughty ex-boyfriend. Seriously, dude, she’s not into you. Let it go.
- Edmond High Girl’s Fencing Team: “Go Cadets…En Garde!” In a nod to the swashbuckling source material, the only sports team of note at Edmond High is the girls’ fencing team, led by their captain, Roxanne. Sporting mostly-white uniforms, these rockin’ women give the show bursts of unique choreographic energy.
- Doctor’s Assistant
- Ensemble: Various High School students, The Drama Club, Cheering Parents, etc.